Coming in September
Pre-order now for early December delivery.
Angkitja is the Eastern, Central and Western Arrernte word for “keeping information safe for the future”. From 2017, this is the replacement name for Jukurrpa.
This calendar is full of features and educational information:
• 12 high quality glossy full-colour reproductions celebrating the country and culture of Central Australia
* National public holidays for Australia, United Kingdom, France, Germany and USA
• Annual seasons according to the Central Arrernte people of Mparntwe (Alice Springs)
• Enhanced contact page for the featured art centres
• Map locating the art centres overlaid with language areas of Central Australia
Published by IAD Press, Alice Springs
H=215, W=150mm, 320pp
Made in China
Why are the diaries changing their name to Angkitja?
For many years IAD Press have very successfully used the imprint ‘Jukurrpa Books’ – Jukurrpa is a Warlpiri word meaning ‘Dreaming’, Story’ or ‘Law’.
The Institute for Aboriginal Development (IAD) the publisher, is committed to the promotion of cultural authority and recognition, and as IAD and IAD Press are situated on the banks of the Todd River in the heart of Arrernte country, our Board and our Elders believe that appropriate recognition and deference be given to the people on whose land IAD stands on by changing the imprint to ‘Angkitja Books’ –
Angkitja is the Eastern, Central and Western Arrernte word for “keeping information safe for the future”.
To our Warlpiri, Luritja, Pitjantjatjara and Yankunitjatjara friends – IAD thanks you for allowing them to use your language for so many years on our products and we pay homage to your Elders both past and present who allowed us to do so.
Published by IAD Press Alice Springs
H=215mm, W=175, 320pp
Made in China
© 2017 Fair Go Trading.